What is Ambien drug for insomnia?
Highlights of Ambien drug –
- Ambien is an oral tablet medication that comes in both generic and brand forms. Ambien is the brand name, whereas Zolpidem is its generic drug name.
- Doctors prescribe Ambien for the treatment of insomnia in patients. It is a condition where a person cannot fall asleep quickly.
- The doses of Ambien come in various forms – Ambien CR (extended-release), Edluar (sublingual tablets), and Ambien (immediate-release).
Ambien drug for insomnia –
Ambien is a prescription medication that comes in oral tablet and oral spray form. The usage of the drug is to treat the condition of insomnia in patients. The immediate-release drug will help you fall asleep within 30 to 60 minutes of the intake. When you buy Ambien online, know that the drug comes in different dosage amount.
However, the extended-release drug will make you sleep without any disturbance in between the night. It is advisable to take advice from your doctor before you start the dosage of Ambien on a regular count.
How does Ambien works on insomnia?
Zolpidem or Ambien are essential medications that are popular in the United States. The drug helps in making people fall asleep through the night. Every dosage of Ambien works in a different manner for each individual. The FDA has strictly said that no person should share his/her dosage of Ambien with another person. If the person has similar insomnia symptoms, that person needs to get an Ambien prescription from a doctor.
The dosage of Ambien belongs to the class of sedatives or hypnotic drugs. It is a group of medications that works in a similar manner on human health. However, if you overdose on these sedatives, the outcome of the drug will be life-threatening. You can ask your doctor which medication will be more suitable for your health and condition.
Ambien dosage –
The dosage of Ambien is individualized as per the situation of the patient. A physician will usually start with the lowest dose of Ambien that comes in 5mg strength. There are other dosage amounts of the drug available as well. The common ones are –
- Ambien (immediate –release) – 5mg and 10mg
- Ambien CR (extended-release) – 6.25mg and 12.5mg
- Edluar (sublingual tablets) – 5mg and 10mg